Your Hilo Urgent Care Medical Staff
Meet our Staff
Stephen A. Warsh, M.D
- Hilo High School 1970
- University of Hawaiʻi: B.S. Biology 1982
- University of Hawaiʻi – JABSOM M.D. 1987
- Active duty US Army (Major) primary care & emergency medicine 1987 – 2006
- Federal Aviation Administration: Aviation Medical Examiner
- Fluent in German
- Working knowledge in Japanese and Spanish
Dr. Warsh is a Hilo boy, come home again. After graduating from the UH John A. Burns School of Medicine, he served as a medical doctor in the US Army with internship at Brook Army Medical Center in San Antonio Texas, and then was stationed in Europe for 19 years. He served in Germany and Bosnia-Herzegovinia, where his duties included general and primary care for adults and children as well as emergency, sports and aviation medicine. In addition he supervised medical training for sanitation, cold weather, humanitarian aide distribution, pharmacy, TB control, forensic crash investigations, suicide prevention and other specialties. He ended his military career as Clinic Director of the Stuttgart Clinic in Vaihingen, Germany, supervising all medical and pharmacy staff, before returning to Hilo.
He has been with Hilo Urgent Care since 2008
James H. Gollop, M.D., M.P.H.
- University of Minnesota: B.A. Chemistry 1981, minor in Chinese and Spanish Language
- Mayo Medical School M.D. 1985
- University of Hawaiʻi: M.P.H. in Infectious Disease Epidemiology 1988
- University of Hawaiʻi Integrated Residency Program: Family Practice 1989
- Fluent in Spanish, Portuguese and Mandarin Chinese
- Working knowledge in Cantonese, Vietnamese and Ilocano
Dr. Gollop is originally from Minnesota, and has lived in Hawaiʻi since 1986. He began practice in 1989 at the Kalihi-Palama Health center, then the Lanikila Health Center. He served as acting director of the Hawaiʻi State Health Department Hansen Disease and TB Branch, with a special interest in infectious diseases and inflammatory bowel diseases.
He has been with Hilo Urgent Care since 2011
Charlotte Grimm, APRN
- University of Salmonca (Spain): Educ. Dip. 1979
- Boston University BS Education 1981
- University of Hawaiʻi BS Nursing 1996
- University of Hawaiʻi MS Family Nurse Practitioner 2004
- Fluent in Spanish, Indonesian and trade-Malay
Ms. Grimm has lived abroad in urban Spain and rural Indonesia for extended periods.
While working on an Orangutan Research and Conservation project, she met her husband of 20 years, a native of Indonesian Borneo. They have 2 adult children. She has worked as a traveling nurse in a variety of mainland venues, and has lived in Hawaiʻi since 1992. She worked for the Hilo Bay Clinic for 16 years as a nurse, case manager, then Director of Clinical Services, and as an APRN- Nurse Practitioner. She was an instructor in the University of Hawaiʻi-Hilo Doctor of Nurse Practitioner degree program for 3 years, and continues as a preceptor for their students.
She has been with Hilo Urgent Care since 2012.
Heather Hirata, DNP(c), APRN
- University of Hawaiʻi BS Nursing 2006
- University of Hawaiʻi MS Nursing 2008
- University of Hawaiʻi Doctor of Nursing Practice (candidate) 2017
- Asst. Director of Medical Services, University of Hawaiʻi (Hilo)- Student Services
Jason Chan, PA-C
- Firefighter - EMT / Paramedic, Palm Beach / Boyton Beach / Riviera Beach FL 1991-1997
- Palm Beach Community College, AA Liberal Studies 1997
- Miami Dade College AS Physician Assistant-Certified 2007
Leilani C. Kerr, APRN
- University of Hawaiʻi AS Nursing 1990
- University of Hawaiʻi BS Nursing 1992
- University of Hawaiʻi MS Family Nurse Practitioner 2011